Saturday, March 18, 2017

This week our topic was Fathers & Finance, however the topic changed as we had a class discussion to working mothers. Some different possible effects of a working mother in the home included:

  • Less emotionally available 
  • Children may feel abandoned
  • Less stability
It was interesting to learn that the crime/sex rate of teenagers increases when mom isn't around. 
There were also these two articles we read if you want to check them out. http://www.dennisprager.com/does-a-full-time-homemaker-swap-her-mind-for-a-mop/
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865587127/A-womans-education-is-not-wasted-in-the-home.html?pg=all
I loved reading these two articles and I found them quite empowering. I have always wanted to be a mom. I've always wanted to be a mom because of how great my mother was to me and my siblings. Ever since I was a little girl, I'd always play house and would love being the mom to all my dolls and animals. I've never looked down upon any woman who chooses to be a stay at home mom, because I've seen how much hard work my mother put into it. When money got a little tight around the house, my mom was able to step up and help out. She started as a substitute at our elementary school close by, then she eventually got hired for a permanent job in the front office. Although my mom had to go back to school online to get credentials to sub, she was ready to help out when we needed it most. My mom was so strong and was able to be a stay at home mom for almost 22 years before having to go to work. She has had one of the strongest impacts on me wanting to raise my children, but being prepared with a  college degree to help out my future family if necessary.


A homemaker can grow and develop by being involved with her children's lives. Always be willing to help them and teach them when they may need it. Make your home a fun learning environment for your children and try to get them excited about learning new things. Homemakers can always be prepared to help out her family if a crises ever occurs. If you haven't finished school, take online courses to finish your degree. This way you can keep an updated resume and have this as a backup plan for your family.  I think it's also important that we teach our children positive things about parenthood and don't treat them like a disappointment/burden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment